Monday, December 21, 2009

Faith, Strength and Love

Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. And do everything with love. - 1 Corinthians 16:13

Be on guard against the tricks and deceptions of the evil one. He will try to lure you in sin. Stand firm in what you believe in. Don’t let anything stop you from standing up for your faith. Be courageous and strong because others will hate you for your faith in God. Being a Christian is not always easy but it's worth it. Most of all, whatever you do…do it with love. Don't be lured into anger and hate. It's so easy to do. But those who would hate you because of your faith are poor souls who are deceived by Satan. If you have to hate someone let it be Satan.

I need to be more courageous and strong in my faith. I find it so hard sometimes because I worry too much what others think of me. But I must remember that what is most important is what God thinks of me. It hurts when people I care about attack me just because I love God. But I must remember that it is not me they are really attacking but God and they attack him because they are afraid and lost.

Heavenly Father,

You are so mighty and strong. I ask that you strengthen me and help me to stand firm in my faith. Help me to understand why others say hurtful things to me because of my love for you and help me also to know how to reach out to them with love so that they too may know a relationship with you.

In Jesus' Name

Amen.

No comments: