Thursday, December 3, 2009

Take it all to Him

I took my troubles to the Lord; I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer. – Psalm 120:1

Where did the psalmist take his troubles? To the Lord. He didn’t try to fix things himself or expect other to fix things for him. Or at least if he did he realised that this wasn’t the answer. God is the answer. He cried out to God. Poured out his soul to him. And what happened. God answered his prayer. It doesn’t say how God answered his prayer or if God answered it in a way the Psalmist expected. But he did answer.

I need to stop expecting my problems to fix themselves. Or thinking other should fix it all. Or trying to do it all myself. I CAN’T FIX ME. And that’s the truth. Only God can. God can do EVERTHING. I need to call out to him and leave the answers to him.

Heavenly Father, Great Provider and Counsellor. Forgive me. Forgive me for trying to do life on my own. Forgive me for blaming you, myself and others when things don’t go right. Help me Lord. Help me to stop struggling in life. I don’t know the answers and I don’t know which is the next step to take. Guide me Lord and teach me your ways. Show me the path you have laid for me. Keep my steps steady and strength my heart, body and mind for the journey you have for me. In Jesus name. Amen.

1 comment:

Jilly said...

Hi Jo, I just read your post it's beautiful. It blessed me so much you are in my prayers and don't forget you are beautiful!!!
Love Jilly ( your sister in Christ)
oxoxoxo