Sunday, December 27, 2009

Rest For The Soul

Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.                                - Matthew 11:29

Earlier in Matthew Jesus speaks of bringing a sword to the world, that families would be divided because of him. So, how could taking on his yoke be good? I think it is because truly knowing Jesus and living his way brings a peace and joy to your heart that nothing can take away. We may hurt, slandered and rejected, bad things may still happen in our lives (we still live in a fallen world after all) but we will have a peace inside that overcomes all this. We can still have joy amidst pain, loss and struggles.

Heavenly Father, Thank you that you love me so much that you you want me to have rest for my soul. I want to take on your yoke but somedays I am afraid to do so. It is hard when people that I love don’t understand my love for you. Teach me your ways, Lord so that I may have joy and peace in my soul even when the world around me is in turmoil. In Jesus’ Name Amen

No comments: