Sunday, December 20, 2009

My Thankful List

I got an email from an old schoolmate of DH’s who I am connected to on facebook…she has been reading my blog a bit and decided to write to me because of it…I’m so glad she did because she reminded me not to be so down on myself…which made me realise that I had soooooooo much to be thankful for….hence the following thankful list

  1. My husband of 12 years…our marriage may not be perfect but I love and trust him and I know that he loves and trusts me
  2. My son who has such a wonderful caring heart, is a chess whiz and still loves to cuddle his mum at 11.
  3. My daughter who has a passion for little children and music and wants to be a Musican/singer/missionary was she grows up…which would surprise me if she does.
  4. My home….I may complain that it’s too small, too messy and needs repair…but it’s ours…well mainly the banks…but that’s more than many have.
  5. My best friend who I’ve only known a couple of years and I don’t think she realises it but just having her to talk to is such a blessing to me.
  6. My other friends both nearby and to the ends of the earth…I have friend all around the world thanks to email and penfriends…some of them need to be very patient with me at times as I can get slack at keeping in touch.
  7. My Church family….they have been such a support to me and have been there in good times and bad.
  8. My therapist….yes seems a strange addition to my list…but honestly she is great…she has helped me so much in the last couple of years
  9. My family…Family….what can I say….we don’t always see eye to eye but I love them so much.
  10. I have to add Micarla…the friend who emailed me…she reminded me of all I am truly grateful…thank you Micarla.
  11. God….last but most important…without him…I don’t know where I’d be…since I had my miscarriage I have really learnt to lean on him more and more…he is….just everything…and I wish the whole world could know him.

Now I’ve started I could go on and on…but I won’t….but I know this….life is good…could be better…but could be much worse….if I want better it’s up to me.

No comments: