Wednesday, November 26, 2008

feeling yuck and counting my blessings

My everyday life at the moment is just yuck. I think I'm coming down with a cold or something. Not happy at all. I hate summer colds. All I want to do is curl up under the blankets and that not an option in this weather. Boo hoo for me. Oh what a whinger I am. I'm getting ahead of myself too. I may be feeling rotten because I've had a busy day and I'm overtired. I do have an irritated throat, a headache and sinus pain though. Boo hoo. No I must think positive. I will try to get an early night. At least I know I'll sleep well tonight. Today was pay day so I was able to get the muscle relaxant that I'm suppose to take at night. It knocks me out for the night. Now that's something to be happy about. I haven't slept well all week. I keep waking up with my back and shoulder aching.
Okay well now that I've looked at what I've written I really do sound like a whinger. I'm not too bad, honestly. Okay maybe I should count my blessings for today.
1. I've done the fortnights grocery shopping and the cupboards are stocked
2. Our butcher goes to our church and always picks a good rump for me and gives me a discount.
3. Our found the Lego Starwars Playstation2 game that DS want for his birthday and it was on special.
4. Found a cute frog figurine and a book on Australian frogs for DS's birthday
5. Found a green lunch box for DS as well. His favourite colour and new lunch box was on his wish list.
6. Got a free...yes free...pair of purple earrings for spending more than $20 at shopping centre. Purple is my favourite colour.
7. Got a heart necklace, bracelet, earring set for $10 for DD for christmas stocking
8. RE class went pretty well today. Not prep neccessary. That's a big plus.
9. No Life Group (Home Group) tonight. That's good and bad. Good because a done feel up to going and bad because we have been for a few weeks.
10. My brother is feeling a bit better. His feet are still very swollen but at least he won't loose them.
11. We had quiche for dinner. I like quiche. Plus clean up is easy.
12. It's a bit cooler today.
There you go. Not so bad of a day after all. I still having trouble being ultra happy coz I still feel yuck and my kids are bugging me at the moment. But I don't feel awful anymore.
Thank you God for all you've blessed me with today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am very happy to hear that your brother is doing better. My prayers continues to be with him and the rest of the family.

God bless you
My friend