Thursday, February 19, 2009

Journaling Prompt - speaking my mind

If I had the courage to speak my mind, I would say....
Ohhhh! That's a prickly one. I have the habit of speaking my mind and often without thinking first. Not a good thing really. I'm a person with very strong opinions about certain things. I'm a bit worried that I may offend some by what I am about to type. But please remember these are only my opinions.Opinion 1.I have a real issue with IVF. It's something I don't believe in. My husband disgusted this before we had children and decided that if we weren't able to conceive naturally we would adopt. My opinion is if you can't conceive naturally then there's a reason. Possible a genetic reason for it. I would be concerned that by using IVF there would be a higher risk of having babies with genetic problems. Also, there are just so many babies and children that desperately need parents to love them. Why not give a needy child a home instead.Opinion 2.People who smoke when they are pregnant or even around children really get my goat. I want to grab them and shake them. It makes me so mad. They seem so selfish to me.Opinion 3.Well this one is actually regarding my denomination' s view on drinking alcohol. They don't like it at all. I grew up pretty typically. I went through a stage of partying. I drank too much on occassions. Now this is definately not something I advocate at all. But on the other hand I don't see anything wrong with the occassion drink. I haven't drank alcohol in a quite a while. But I don't consider myself a teetotaller. I definately don't like how some of these alcopops are marketed at the young. That is so wrong. But Jesus drank wine so why tell people that all drinking is wrong.I think I'll stop there. But that's just the tip of the iceberg. As I said before I have very strong opinions. And don't don't even get me started on some of the things I'd like to say to certain members of my family. Sometimes it's better to keep the peace.
Luv and Hugs
God Bless
Jo

No comments: