Thursday, February 19, 2009

Journaling Prompt - Suprise Sibling

How would you react if you found out that you had a sibling you did not know about? Would you want to meet them? How would it change your relationship with your parents? How would it change the way you thought of yourself?
I couldn't really say how I'd react in that situation. Horrified I guess. Disappointed too. I would want to meet them. Family is family after all. As for how the relationship with my parents I guess it would depend on how this child came to be and whether it was a half or full sibling. I would feel I'd lost a certain amount of trust in my parents. Especially my Mum because we are close. To be brutally honest I wouldn't be completely surprised at my Dad. I know that sounds awful and I don't want to go into why I wouldn't be surprised. I don't think it'd change a lot about how I think about myself. I already have pretty low self esteem but I don't think it's that fragile. My Mum loves me and that's that. Nothing would change that.
Luv and Hugs
God Bless
Jo

No comments: