I found these questions at http://5000questionsur.livejournal.com/483.html . I thought it'd be fun to answer them. There's 5000 all up. I wonder how far I'll get.
1. Who are you?
I am Jo
I am 35.
I am a mother to Seb(10) and Xan(8).
I am the wife of Jason
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
1. I am a Christian.
2. I am not perfect.
3. I am growing.
3. When you aren't filling out 5,000 question surveys like this one what are you doing?
Doing housework, Playing Chains on the computer, writing, reading, playing with Scoubis, knitting, having cups of tea with friends, going to church, helping kids with home work.
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn't like at the time). Film and Television
5. What is your biggest goal for this year?
To prioritise my life, make plans and stick to them.
6. Where do you want to be in 5 years?
I want to have an organised house, be involved in women’s ministry, be working in a job I enjoy and have chickens and and vege patch.
7. What stage of life are you in right now?
Mid 30’s whatever that means. I guess I’m at a stage where I really want some concrete direction in my life. I’m definitely in a period of emotional growth. I’m learning why I am the way I am, what things have affected me from my childhood and how they’ve affected me. I’m growing spiritually too. I’m still learning to trust my heart with God…But I getting there.
8. Are you more child-like or childish?
9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
Kitty Cool (one of my cat’s names)
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?
Open the eyes of my heart by Stuart Townend and Keith Getty
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
Yes a couple of classes in High School
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
Better very slowly
13. Does time really heal all wounds?
Yes…but only if you allow it.
14. How do you handle a rainy day?
Sometimes I get depressed… other times I just love to curl up with a book.
15. Which is worse...losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
Losing your luggage would be worse because holiday light are easily replaced.
16. How is your relationship with your parents?
Pretty good with my Mum. I wish we could share our walks with God on a more intimate level though.
With Dad not so good. He is so frustrating. It’s definitely better than when I was young but it could be sooooo much better.
Will you miss them when they are gone?
Yes Yes Yes
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
18. What is the truest thing that you know?
That Jesus is the son of God and that through him we can all have salvation.
19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
Yes… God is forever giving me second chances.
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?
I try to.
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
When I fell down the stair and bruised my tail bone and possibly cracked my vertebrae.
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
When I was date raped.
25. Who have you hugged today?
Both of my kids and my husband.
26. Who has done something today to show they care about you?
My friend Belinda came round to have a cuppa and a chat.
27. Do you have a lot to learn?
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
A To play the saxophone
B To play the piano
C To not loose my temper
29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
How others make me feel.
30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
Faith in God, trust, honesty, compassion, friendship
31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
A Swim with dolphins
B sky dive
C visit another country
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
A denying Christ
B touching a snake
C hurting someone
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
34. What does each decade make you think of:
50's: rock n roll, Elvis
60's: hippies, peace sign,
70's: weird clothing, mini skirts
80's: Maddona, fish nets, Cindi Lauper
90's: Computers, got married, became a Mum
2000 (so far): 7/11, Bali Bombings, Tsunami, had a daughter, accepted Christ into my heart
2010's: future, growth, uncertainty, ???
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
90’s because I finished school, left home, met my husband, got married, had my first child.
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
Teddy Bear by Elvis
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country?
Australia – Kevin Rudd
If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be?
Kevin in every situation ask yourself What Would Jesus Do.
38. What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
The ugly sister’s from Cinderella because I’m probably still too needy and a bit lazy at times too.
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
I was a Girl Guide for less than a year.
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat?
Fly…I have a fear of water
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
Some to do with the light from the sun hitting the ocean at daytime and a night black is just the lack of light.
43. What does your name mean?
I was named after to of my aunties who died in a car accident before I was born.
The meaning of the name Joanne is God is gracious
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space?
The depths of the ocean
45. Word association What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be?
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive?
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday?
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
Laptop, books, notebook and pen,
50. Have you ever saved someone's life or had your life saved?
My uncle Bob saved me from drowning
51. Make up a definition for the following silly words...
Fruitgoogle: the act of eating breakfast while searching the internet
Ambytime: the time it take to build an ambulance
Asscactus: a donkey shaped prickly plant
52. What was the last thing you made with your own hands?
A cup of tea
53. What was your favorite toy as a child?
A yellow teddy bear
54. How many TV’s are in your house?
55. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
56. How do you feel when you see a rainbow?
happy, peaceful, hopeful
57. Have you ever dreamt a dream that came true?
Don’t think so
58. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader?
Yes but I would never again.
59. What is your idea of paradise?
being face to face with Jesus
60. Do you believe in god and if so what is he/she/it like?
Yes… perfect. Read the Bible if you want to know more
61. Do you believe in Hell?
62. What one thing have you done that most people haven't?
tried to eat a cane beetle
63. What is the kindest thing you have ever done?
gave money to some people from the Solomon Islands so that their daughter could visit them.
64. Are you a patient person?
65. What holiday should exist but doesn't?
66. What holiday shouldn't exist but does?
67. What's the best joke you ever heard?
Can’t think of a specific one.
68. Where is the most fun place you have EVER been?
69. Is your hair natural or dyed?
Dyed black with Blonde foils
70. Do you have any deep dark secrets or are you pretty much up front?
I have secrets.
71. What is under your bed right now?
72. If you were in the Land of Oz would you want to live there or go home?
73. If you drive do you frequently speed?
74. What is the world's best song to dance to?
Never Stop by Planet Shakers
75. What song was on the last time you danced with someone?
Too long ago to remember
76. Do you prefer Disney or Warner Brothers?
77. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo?
78. Would you consider yourself to be romantic?
79. If the earth stopped rotating would we all fly off?
80. What is the one thing that you love to do so much that you would make sacrifices to be able to do it?
81. If you (and everyone) had to lose one right or freedom, but you could pick which one everyone had to lose, what would you pick?
the right to get pregnant before marriage…don’t know how that’d work though.
82. If you had to choose would you live on the equator or at the North Pole?
83. Would you rather give up listening to music or watching television?
84. What do you think makes someone a hero?
being willing to sacrifice everything for another human being
85. What cartoon would you like to be a character in?
86. Name one thing that turns your stomach:
87. What was the last thing you paid for?
88. Are you a coupon clipper?
89. Get anything good in the mail recently?
90. Which would you rather take as a gym class...dancing, sailing, karate, or bowling?
91. In Star Trek people 'beam' back and forth between different places. What this means is they stand in a little tube and their molecules are deconstructed and sent to another tube somewhere else where they are reassembled. Only problem is when the molecules are deconstructed the person is dead. When they are put back together it is only a clone that has all the dead person's memories. So... Is the person who gets beamed the same person on both ends?
92. What insects are you afraid of?
wasps, bees, praying mantis
93. If you could print any phrase on a T-shirt, what would it say?
94. What's the most eccentric thing you have ever worn?
Too many to say
95. If you could pick one food that you could eat all you wanted but it would have no effect on how much you weigh, what food would it be?
96. What are your parents interested in?
Mum – Bus trips, fishing, craft, sewing, horses
Dad – computers, stamp collecting97. Have you ever caught an insect and kept it as a pet?
Yes – lady beetle
97. Have you ever caught and tamed a wild animal?
98. What is more helpful to you, wishes or plans? I tend to wish more than plan but plans are definitely more helpful
99. When do you feel your life energy the strongest?
When I’m worshipping God
100. You are spending the night alone in the woods and may bring only 3 items with you. What do you bring?