Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Teacher's Strike

Tuesday 19th May 2009
There was a Teacher's strike today. It's the first one since I left school. They want more money. Now I'm first to agree that teacher's deserve to get paid more for what they do but this is not the time to be demanding it. We are in recession. If the government give them more money then it will come out of something else which will probably mean a loss of jobs somewhere. That's my 2 cents worth anyway.
Well the kids couldn't go to school. Jason decided to take Seb to work with him. Seb loved that idea. Today is Ladies Group at church so Xan came with me. Xan's still not looking real well. I don't feel to crash hot either. We had lunch out at church.
The afternoon was fairly quiet. I tried to nap but it didn't quite work out that way.
We decided not to send Xan to Girl's Brigade tonight. Her cough sound horrid. Couldn't find the vicks either. Have to get some tomorrow.

No comments: